Quantcast

July 9, 2013

Hair Fair Infos

Haai ! Great news guys, Hair Fair is just arround the corner and I wanted to let you know a few things. First of all and the most important is that I love so much Hair Fair that is my second best event after Christmas that I love. You may say that I am crazy because it's just SL and Christmas is real; well the thing is in rl I have made a lot of changes to my hair and I consider it my best accessory.

Like any accessory, in time, it can get shabby. After so many experiments in the last years I've decided to give it a break and I haven't tint it or alterate with so much heat from hairstreightner or hairdryer. I have one year and a half since I didn't tint my hair and because it was almost blonde and I am naturally brunette I got some awesome ombre and everyone is asking me if a stylist made them. 

Sometimes I feel an urge to make a new thing on my hair and the only thing that calms me down is SL cause I can get any hair I want there. Roxi Bluewood is not an avatar, is an extension of me, Roxi from RL. So you can imagine what trill I get when it's Hair Fair, a big place with lots of fabulous hair to choose.

 I also wonder what are your addictions in rl that you try to satisfy in sl too? Mine are my hair, of course, jewelery and make-ups in rl but hair is the only one I feel I need to satisfy it in sl. I think I said enough of my guilty pleasures and stuff and rambled much more then I intended to do so next I will give you some informations about the event taken from Hair Fair official blog and from press release.

The 8th annual Hair Fair runs from July 13th-28th. I will provide a SLurl as soon as the gates of Hair Fair are opened for everyone. 



"Hair Fair 2013 is almost here (July 13th – 28th), and we encourage everyone to use the Hair Fair DEMO Group!  Designers will be sending demos out via group, so you can try out all the latest styles, and pre-shop! This is a great lag free way to peruse the offerings at the fair!  Grab some friends and host a demo party at your home!
There are several easy ways to join!
Inworld:  Search > Groups > Hair Fair DEMO Group >  Join!
Inworld: There will be group joiners set in various stores, or go HERE  which also has the Hair Fair Subscribomatic which keeps you up to date on Hair Fair News
Inworld: Copy and paste this into local chat and click the link it makes to open the group and join:  secondlife:///app/group/2e30d166-f3e5-e2de-ff72-b3da2d06ded2/about
We cannot wait to see you at this years Hair Fair to help raise money for Wigs for Kids."

"This is a charity event where a minimum of 15% of ALL hair packs sold at Hair Fair is donated to charity, which means every single purchase helps a child."

"Each year we call out to the large community of Second Life to help us help Wigs for Kids. On the last day of Hair Fair we have Bandana Day, the day where we remove our hair to show we care, in support of those that have lost hair, or suffer from hair loss. Every year people from all over, not just the Hair Community, submit to use their bandanas they have made from the kits we provide, and they are then sold at 50L each (transferable) during Hair Fair on all four sims.


We have raised hundreds of extra USD each year with these bandanas, and it is also a great way to share and show community spirit, as people share their reasons behind wanting to help, as well as their creativity, and fun. The Bandanas have become almost collectable, with many people through the years telling me they have them from every year, or they wear them when they are at laggy events and so on."


No comments:

Post a Comment